Unlock Employment Opportunities with Us
Join the London Borough of Waltham Forest’s Employment Team and discover how we can assist job seekers with learning disabilities, particularly autism, in finding work. Here's how we can help:
- We support over 250 Waltham Forest residents into employment each year.
- Our services are free, and we have received local funding to enhance our support for those with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- We aim to address the underrepresentation of this group in the workforce.
- Employment can boost health, well-being, and personal growth.
Who We Assist
- If you're aged 18 or over and currently unemployed or working fewer than 2 hours per week without career progression, our support is available.
- You should meet one of these criteria:
- You've previously had an Educational Health Care Plan.
- You're on the GP Learning Disability Register.
- You have a social worker or receive support from council services.
- You receive disability-related benefits.
- You have an autism diagnosis, awaiting an assessment, or have self-diagnosed autism.
The Five Stages of Supported Employment
- Start with an assessment to determine your eligibility and support needs.
- Follow The Five Stages of Supported Employment with an emphasis on in-work support.
- Utilise the Place, Train, and Maintain model to secure employment and provide ongoing assistance.
- Join us on your journey to meaningful employment in Waltham Forest.
Or call us to speak to someone directly: 0208 496 3479
Click the button below to find out how we can support your organisation in employing someone with a learning disability and/or autism